Network-Engineering | 3 min read
EVPN edge routing (incl. type 5 routes) best practises
Below a collection of highly recommended config knobs to use EVPN VXLAN edge routing on QFX5110 leave devices.
For edge-routing on QFX5110 leaves, JunOS 18.1R3-S3 (or newer service releases) should be used for the time being.
The listed config snippets apply for the following design:
- edge routing on QFX5110 leaves
- EVPN model used is “VLAN aware service” (using single default-switch instance), n:1 mapping of VLAN to EVI
- use of “virtual-gateway address” and a unique IP per leaf switch IRB interface
- eBGP is used for underlay
- iBGP is used for overlay
- Underlay ASN: one ASN for all spines, each leaf uses its own ASN
Discover our self-developed service: